Monday, June 18, 2012

Art vs. Craft at the Harley-Davidson Museum

In 2003 I was a vendor at the first Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago working under the name Flying Fish Design. It was a powerful experience selling my work and meeting people from all over the country. I wanted to recreate that vibe at home in Milwaukee and thus Art vs. Craft was born the next year. Since 2004 we have drawn over 13,000 people through the doors of the events. It's pretty radical on many levels how the show has been supported by both makers and shoppers.

This year I'm very excited to announce today our big move. The next event in November 2012 will be held at the Harley-Davidson Museum. I think this is going to be the best show yet. If you are interested in vending now is the time. Applications are live on the site through July 20th. 

While you here check out this quick video our friend photographer Karl Reeves put together with footage he shot from Saturday's block party at Sky High. I love my neighborhood & summer is starting off the best way possible this year....




No comments: