Monday, October 27, 2008

They Saw Hope Pass By......

I was watching a special on LBJ last night while eating roasted beets, brussel sprouts and butternut squash ravioli--- fall time dinners are best. Then when to get some work done for Art vs. Craft and was checking out Daniel's blog per my daily routine and came across this........
Amazing. Paul Fusco is now in my tops of photographers.

My dad comes home from Bali tonight, welcome home pops. He told me that Bali is the Ancient Motherland of Handmade and we are going there together at some point. Sounds good about now.

About ten years ago my dad gave me this Robert Hunter Album Tales of the Great Rum Runners. I'm not super into it but there is one keeper on the album called Boys In the Barroom. The lyrics are pretty epic and I'm especially fond of them because there is a shout-out to the the musical saw which is so random. Listen to it if you can.

Boys In the Barroom
Does God look down on the boys in the barroom
Mainly forsaken but surely not judged?
Jacks, kings, and aces, their faces in wine
Do Lord deliver our kind

From singing for whiskey, three strings on a fiddle
Four on the guitar and a song that I love
Many's the night we spent picking and singing
In hopes it be pleasing both here and above

Jack string fiddle to my sawtooth bow
Who loves loneliness, loves it alone
I love the dim lights like some love the dew
Only thing I wonder sometimes

Does God look down on the boys in the barroom
Mainly forsaken but surely not judged?
Jacks, kings, and aces, their faces in wine
Do Lord deliver our kind

No comments: